Despite the inconvenience, bugs are relatively normal to have in complex tools like AnswerThePublic.
We have a team dedicated to testing and doing quality checking. Unfortunately, we can't reproduce all of our user's environments, where sometimes bugs will appear.
If you have found a bug and would like to report it, we would appreciate your time and cooperation in doing so. Please, follow the next steps:
- With ATP open in your browser, open an Incognito/Private window;
- Command+Shift+N (macOS)
- Ctrl+Shift+N (Windows)
- Open Inspect Element. In the new window, you can either right-click and select 'Inspect' or:
- Command+Option+i (macOS)
- Ctrl+Shift+i (Windows)
- Go to the Network tab in the Inspect Element window, make sure the Record button is red, and check the Preserve Log box;
- Now, with the Inspect Element window open, try to reproduce the error.
- After reproducing the bug, go to the Console tab in the Inspect Element window, right-click it, and select 'Save as...'. Save the text file. You will send it to us later;
- Now go to the Network tab and locate the "arrow down" button, as if it was a download icon. Click on it, and you will export the .har file. Save it.
- Send both files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The .txt from the Console tab (step 5);
- And the .har from Network (step 6).
Important: we can’t receive files bigger than 7MB; if so, please provide a download link from tools like WeTransfer.com, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.
If not informed already, please let us know which section of the tool you were working on and what kind of search you were doing when the error happened.
The more details you can give us, the faster we can pinpoint the issue and fix it.
If you have any trouble with the steps, please let us know at email@example.com.